Man sets estranged wife ablaze in Adamawa - AfrobadooTV
Connect with us

Crime

Man sets estranged wife ablaze in Adamawa

Published

on


A middle-aged man in Adamawa identified as Kuryanga has allegedly set fire to his estranged wife while she was asleep.

The incident occurred last week Thursday in Guyuk town, in the Guyuk Local Government Area of the State.

Armed with Premium Motor Spirit, also called petrol, and a matches box, Kuryanga reportedly attacked and set ablaze his estranged wife, Janet John, while asleep on an ill-fated night.

Noyina, an aunt to Janet who recounted the frightening incident, told our reporter in Hausa: “It was terrifying to wake up to a column of burning fire like a typical horror movie scene. More torturing was to hear my niece crying for help while she burns in the flames.”

 

John and Kuryanga ended their seven-year marriage three years ago, with a court order prohibiting him from seeing her due to his violent disposition, Noyina revealed.

She said, “Despite Kuryanga getting married to another lady, coupled with the court verdict, he still refused to let go of her while jealously threatening her life and those of her suitors.

“When he eventually struck, he also joined sympathisers at my niece’s bedside in the hospital the following day. He almost got away with it. Fortunately, his pregnant wife later confirmed an abandoned crime scene petrol container as their family belonging.

“He tiptoed to her sleeping spot within our compound in the dead of the night, poured petrol, struck the matches and fled, leaving her in flames. He got her because of the scourging hot weather; we all sleep in the open.”

Noyina said Kuryanga was arrested after the revelation by his wife, adding that he had confessed to the crime and pleaded to be forgiven.

The police in the State could not immediately confirm the incident. When contacted, the police spokesperson for Adamawa State Command, DSP Suleiman Nguroje, said he was yet to be briefed.

PUNCH.

Advertisement

You may like

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Crime

JUST IN: Bandits kill three, abduct scores in Taraba

Published

on

Bandits on Sunday night attacked and killed three persons while scores were reportedly abducted by the attackers in Bali town, the headquarters of Bali Local Government Area of Taraba State.

Several sources in Bali told our correspondent on the phone that the attackers who rode on motorcycles attacked and killed a personnel of Taraba Marshall at a checkpoint near General Hospital before proceeding to individual houses to kill and abduct people.

The Tiv central leader and Chief of Tiv in Bali, Zaki David Gbaa (Ter Tiv Bali II) told our correspondent that two of his subjects were killed and scores, mostly women, were abducted in the attack.

“The attackers invaded the town at about 11: pm. Two of my subjects were killed in the attack, and two others who were badly injured are receiving treatment in the hospital.

“Many people, especially women, were abducted. It’s a terrible situation and I want to call on the government and security agencies to sit up and ensure the protection of the lives and property of citizens.

“For over four hours, the bandits held the town shooting sporadically and there was no response from security agencies. People are losing hope of the government’s ability to protect them and I think the bandits are no more than our security agencies,” he said.

This is even as the traditional ruler called on the government to support the injured who are receiving treatment in hospitals.

The attack came barely three days after bandits blocked the Mutum-Biyu- Garba Chede road killing a driver and abducting passengers in the neighbouring Gassol Local Government area of the State.

Efforts to get the Police to react to the attack failed as the Taraba State Police Public Relations Officer, Abdullahi Usman,did not pick up calls made to his line.

But a police officer in the Taraba State Police Command told our correspondent that the PPRO was attending a security briefing.

PUNCH

Continue Reading

Crime

Man in court over alleged $42,500 fraud

Published

on

The police have arraigned a 39-year-old man, Oluseyi Olatunbosun, before a Tinubu Magistrate’s Court for allegedly obtaining 42,500 Australian dollars under false pretences.

Olatunbosun is facing three counts bordering on conspiracy, obtaining by false preferences and stealing.

The defendant, who was brought before Magistrate O.S. Abioye, in charge number P/10/2022, pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The police prosecutor, Mr Jimoh Joseph, told the court that the defendant and others still at large committed the offences between April and December 2018 in the Mushin area of Lagos.

He said the defendant defrauded one Mr Olayinka Abiodun to the tune of 42,500 Australian dollars, equivalent to N10,625,000.

According to the prosecutor, the offences are contrary to and punishable under sections 411, 314 and 284 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.

However, the defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge and Magistrate Abioye granted him bail in the sum of N500,000 with one surety in like sum.

The magistrate ordered that the surety must provide evidence of gainful employment and proof of tax payment to the government and have his address verified.

The case was adjourned till October 6 for trial.

Continue Reading

Crime

I will die if I reveal my sponsors — Suspect arrested with body bag, AK-47 rifle

Published

on

A 25-year-old suspected killer, Destiny Agbaijoh, arrested by the Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in Ondo State, has said that he would die if he opened up on his sponsors.Destiny was arrested with one AK-47, one pump action, 91 bullets of 5.56 mm, 16 cartridges and cash of N347,000.

Speaking with newsmen after he was paraded in Akure, the suspect who revealed that he was a timber trader, said, “l will die if I confess my mission and those who sent me.”

Read Also: Irish court jails three Nigerians for defrauding 60-year-old woman of €254,000

When asked why he decided not to take the bag to the police, after noticing the content, he said: “l never knew it would later bring problem for me. I saw it in a bush in the place I am working. I saw it in a nylon bag they used to wrap it and I carried it to my village.

“I don’t know it will later cause problem. I was coming from Bayelsa State and was going to my home town after Agadagba, in Ese-Odo council area of Ondo State. The money is my own and it was from my timber business.”

Parading the suspect, the state Commandant of the NDLEA, Mr Kayode Raji, said the suspect was arrested during a stop and search operation along Ore-Okitipupa road.

Raji said that the suspect attempted to bribe his men on duty with the cash found on him, which his men rejected and took him into custody.

According to him, “the suspect was arrested on 20th of July, along Ore-Okitipupa road by our men on stop and search operation. Upon search, he was found with various arms and ammunition of various kinds.

“He was also arrested with strap bags and we asked him what it was used for, he said he would die if he confessed it.

“It looks like bags where they keep dead bodies or mangled bodies of human beings. We have done our preliminary investigation and we are going to hand him over to the Nigerian Police,” Raji stated.

Vanguard News

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.

%d bloggers like this: