14-year-old girl narrates how her dad’s neighbour repeatedly defiled her
A 14-year-old girl (name withheld) on Tuesday told an Ikeja Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court how his father’s neighbour, Rafiu Sanusi, allegedly defiled her five-time in his room.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the girl was 12-year-old at the time Sanusi allegedly had sex with her for the first time.
The defendant, whom she recognised in the dock as “Baba Aliyah” and ” Baba Maruwa” is being charged for defilement.
The girl said this while being led in evidence by the Lagos State Director of the Public Prosecutions, Dr. Babatunde Martin.
She told the court that the defendant had sex with her every time she went to pay her father a visit in the Amukoko suburb of Lagos.
She said: “I know the defendant, he is my father’s neighbour. He used to have sex with me every time I go to my father to greet him.
“He used to call me inside his room and would ask me to remove my clothe and have sex with me.
“He had sex with me five times but I did not report to anyone because the defendant threatened that I will die if I tell.
“It was Brother Ibrahim, who caught him having sex with me through the window, that informed my father. My father told my grandmother and she reported the case to the police.
“I was taken to the police station which I cannot remember the name and from there they directed us to a hospital where they checked my private part and informed my grandmother about the report,” she said.
In cross-examination by the defence counsel, Mr Idowu Adekoya, the girl said she was a JSS 3 student and her father was a butcher who went to work as early as 9.00 a.m. and returned at 10 p.m.
She said her school aunt advised her to inform the father when the defendant allegedly defiled her the fifth time.
“Prior to the time that Brother Ibrahim caught us, no one had caught him having sex with me,” she said.
NAN also reports that her father (name withheld) testified and said that the defendant used to lure her with N10 or N20 to allegedly have sex with her.
He said: “I know the defendant. He is my neighbour. It was one Alfa who saw the defendant having sex with my daughter through the window.
“The residents were very angry at what the defendant did because my wife died recently. They advised that I should take my daughter to a hospital in Ikeja. From there, we went to court in Agege and the case was later taken to the High Court,”
He said his daughter started living with her maternal grandmother after the death of her mother in 2017.
A forensic expert with Mirabel Medical Centre in Ikeja, Dr Oyedeji Alagbe, also testified that the result of the examination carried out on the girl showed a forceful blunt penetration into her vagina.
Justice Ramon Oshodi adjourned the case until June 27 for continuation of trial.
Vanguard News Nigeria
You may like
BREAKING: Oyo Police Declares Auxillary Wanted
The Oyo State Police Command has declared the sacked Chairman of Park Management System (PMS), Mukaila Lamidi aka Auxiliary, wanted, the authorities revealed during a briefing on Friday.
The move follows another raid of his hotel where more dangerous weapons were recovered yesterday.
According to Channels Tv report, policemen had stormed Auxiliary’s Ibadan residence recovering weapons and ammunition.
During the operation, the suspect reportedly escaped, while some of his lieutenants were however arrested by the police.
Mexico Police find 45 bags containing human body parts
At least 45 bags containing human remains were found in a ravine in the western Mexican state of Jalisco during a search for seven young people reported missing last week, local authorities said on Thursday.
“Forty-five bags with human remains have been extracted that belong to both male and female people,” the state prosecutor’s office said in a statement.
The gruesome discovery was made on Tuesday at the bottom of a 40-meter (120-foot) ravine in the municipality of Zapopan, a suburb of Guadalajara, a large industrial hub.
The authorities had launched a search for two women and five men, all aged around 30 years, who had been reported missing since May 20.
The missing persons’ reports for each one had been made separately on different days, but investigators found that they all worked at the same call center.
The call center was in the same area as where the human remains were discovered.
Forensic experts have yet to determine the number of victims and their identities.
Initial inquiries suggested the call center could have been involved in illegal activities, and local media reported that the authorities had found marijuana, a cloth and a cleaning rag with apparent blood stains as well as documents on possible commercial activities.
But relatives of the missing persons have accused the authorities of seeking to criminalise the victims.
In recent years, in different areas of Jalisco, human remains have been found in bags or in unmarked makeshift graves.
In 2021, in the municipality of Tonala, in Jalisco, some 70 bags with the human remains of 11 people were found.
In 2019 also, the bodies of 29 people were found in 119 bags in an unpopulated area of Zapopan.
Another case that sparked numerous protests in Jalisco was the disappearance, in March 2018, of three film students, whose remains were dissolved in acid.
Similarly, in 2018, media reported that three Italians disappeared, allegedly handed over by police to the Jalisco New Generation cartel, to whom they had allegedly sold faulty machinery.
The Italians have not been found despite massive searches by state and federal law enforcement.
According to local media, in the first two months of this year alone, the remains of 33 people were found in five makeshift graves in the Guadalajara area.
The Jalisco New Generation cartel operates in the state and is one of the most powerful organised crime groups in Mexico, and is embroiled in disputes with other drug syndicates.
Mexico has recorded more than 340,000 murders and some 100,000 disappearances, the majority attributed to criminal organisations, since the launch of a controversial military anti-drug offensive in December 2006.
Armed robbers flee with $11 million in Ogun
A four-man armed robbery gang on Friday afternoon ‘successfully’ escaped with a whopping sum of $11 million at the Oke-Sokori of Abeokuta, in Abeokuta North local government area of Ogun State.
The four-man robbery gang, all clad in black T-shirts and jean trousers, wore black facemasks, and brandished riffles in an operation that lasted about 3 minutes.
The suspects, however, escaped the scene with their targeted money, stacked in two ‘Ghana-Must-Go’ bags, after demobilizing the car of their victim, a Hausa trader, who rode the area in a Toyota Venza salon car, marked, (ABUJA) ABC 565 GN.
An eyewitness, who was at the robbery scene, observed that the robbery suspects, who operated in a tinted Toyota Camry ‘Muscle’, had at around 4: 35p.m on Friday afternoon, intercepted their victim right in front of the FATGBEMS Petroleum Filling Station at Oke – Sokori, where they forcefully halted the victim’s Toyota Venza car and forced the car’s boot open.
After gaining entry into his car, the suspects thereafter offloaded the two bags containing the foreign currency into their car and also zoomed off with the victim’s car key before security operatives arrived.
Narrating his ordeal to the two police patrol teams that later arrived at the scene about 30 minutes after the robbery incident, the victim, said he was returning to his base after an unsuccessful banking attempt where he had gone to deposit the foreign currency.
In his narration, the Abeokuta-based Hausa trader told the police patrol team that he had earlier approached the Oke-Ilewo branch of a new generation bank for the purpose of depositing the money, but was turned back on the premise that the banking hours had lapsed.
But while returning to his base, the robbers struck and the trader fell victim.
Confirming the incident, the command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Abimbola Oyeyemi, said operatives of the command were already on the trail of the criminals.
“It is quite unfortunate that the suspects had escaped the scene before our operatives arrived at the scene. But I want to assure you that we will definitely get them and bring them to justice.
“The command had immediately upon receipt of information about the incident, sent a signal across the state to ensure that the suspects are tracked down. All our technical units have been activated and for sure, we will get them”.
“I want to use this medium to assure the good people of Ogun State that they should not panic, saying that there is no course for alarm. They should remain calm, and go about their normal and routine businesses because our men will surely track down the suspects”.
3 years ago
12 CNN Lekki Posers (For critical thinkers)
3 years ago
The message behind Carpe diem by Olamide
3 years ago
US Based Entertainment Magnate, Deji Bello Hosts IwoLand Top Men At His Nashville Home
2 years ago
How Fulani herdsmen ruined my farm in Osun State – Babatunde
3 years ago
Oluwo Of Iwo’s Vehicle Stolen in Lagos Hotel
3 years ago
RE: The truth behind Sanwo-Olu’s proposed cancellation of pension pay to Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode
3 years ago
Itel Debuts its Latest “More stylish than ever” S Series Smartphones S16 and S16 Pro in Nigerian Market
3 years ago
Martify Celebrates Grand Opening of Second Outlet in Alimosho