Do you know that there are certain reasons why a person may feel pain in the lower left side of the abdomen? If you start feeling pain in the lower abdomen on the left side, it may be a source of worry and anxiety to you so there is need for you to know the major possible causes of this pain.
In this article in line with a publication on Healthline, we are going to have a look at the reasons why you are having pain in the lower left side of the abdomen. Just sit tight and enjoy this article while learning something new.
What Are The Causes Of Pain In The Lower Left Side Of The Abdomen?
1. Ectopic pregnancy – an ectopic pregnancy has to do with when the fertilized egg implants itself before it reaches the womb. This implantation often takes place in the fallopian tubes connecting the ovary to the womb. The symptoms of ectopic pregnancy in most cases is feeling of pain in the lower left side of the abdomen. So make sure you get checked if you notice persistent pain.
2. Hernia – a hernia has to do with the bulging of the intestines or some other part through the muscles or tissue surrounding it. This may seem like a bulge or lump in the lower abdomen or in some cases, groin. When a hernia is developing, you may feel terrible pain in the lower left or right side of the abdomen. Practically this is one of the causes of pain in this part of the body in men as it gets worse when you try to lift thing of engage in some physical activities.
3. Endometriosis is a health issue that affects the female reproductive system and also known as one of the possible causes of pain in the lower left side of the abdomen. If you start feeling constant pain in the lower left or right side of the abdomen, there is need for you to table the issue before a doctor as they are the only ones that can say for sure what is wrong with you.
You may like
Chlamydia: Symptoms, Treatments, Causes, and More
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. It can be spread through vaginal, anal, or oral sex.
The most common symptoms in women include pain or burning during urination, discharge from the vagina, and abdominal pain. In men, the most common symptoms discharge from the penis, pain or burning during urination, and testicular pain.
Chlamydia can be treated with antibiotics, typically azithromycin or doxycycline. It’s essential to complete the full course of antibiotics to ensure the infection is fully treated.
It’s also important to avoid sexual activity during treatment and inform any sexual partners of the infection so they can get tested and treated as well. This will help prevent re-infection and stop the spread of the disease to others.
It’s also recommended to get re-tested after treatment to ensure the infection has been fully cleared. In some cases, if left untreated, chlamydia can lead to serious health problems, such as infertility and pelvic inflammatory disease.
Prevention methods include using condoms during sexual activity, limiting the number of sexual partners, and getting tested regularly for STIs.
Additionally, vaccinating against human papillomavirus (HPV) can also help reduce the risk of getting infected with chlamydia, as some strains of HPV can increase the risk of developing the infection.
Overall, early detection and treatment of chlamydia are important for maintaining sexual health and preventing long-term complications. It’s important to talk openly with your healthcare provider about your sexual history and to get tested if you have any concerns or symptoms.
It’s also important to maintain good hygiene and to avoid sharing personal items, such as towels or underclothes, with others, as this can increase the risk of transmission.
Regular STI testing, especially if you have multiple partners, is recommended to catch and treat infections early. You can also talk to your healthcare provider about taking pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to reduce the risk of getting infected with STIs, including chlamydia.
In conclusion, taking steps to protect yourself and getting tested regularly is key to maintaining sexual health and preventing the spread of chlamydia and other STIs. If you have any symptoms or concerns, don’t hesitate to talk to your healthcare provider.
Effects Of Eating Dates Before Having Sex
Dates are the most delicious dried fruit and are enjoyed all year long in many countries. These dried fruits are typically consumed for energy because they are packed with minerals. Muslims break the Ramadan fast with dates as a result of this tradition. Eating calorie-dense dates can help you feel more energised because fasting depletes your body of strength.
However, it seems that dates have the power to boost more than just your vitality. According to Medicalnewstoday, dates can strengthen your sperm and possibly boost your intimate desire. What conventional knowledge has long held to be true has been supported by research. By raising your desire and enhancing intimate health, the fruits improve your $ex life.
A 2006 study in the US revealed that dates did have an effect on the sperm and reproductive system of the adult males who participated in the test. They discovered that eating dates before intercourse significantly increased the number, motility, and DNA quality of the sperm. The testis and epididymis gained weight as a result as well. The sperm quality appears to be improved by the oestrogen and flavonoid components in dates according to Medicalnewstoday.
It is recommended to eat dates whole. But you could also blend them into smoothies or milkshakes. Dates are utilised in many different types of food in India. Chaats are frequently spiced with a tangy chutney that is comprised of dates and tamarind. The fruit’s syrup is occasionally used in place of sugar, and its flesh is also utilised to make sugar-free sweetmeats.
Date syrups are commonly accessible on the market, however their sugar content may be very high. Consuming these fruits should be avoided by people with diseases like diabetes. Even though dates are a healthy fruit, it’s best to speak with a nutritionist or your doctor before bingeing on them.
How to remove smegma from the penis
Smegma is a substance made up of oil and dead skin cells. It can accumulate under the foreskin in uncircumcised males or around the folds of the labia in females.
It’s not a sign of a sexually transmitted infection, and it’s not a serious condition.
Left untreated, smegma can cause an odor or in some cases, harden and lead to irritation in the genitals.
According to healthline, the simplest way to remove smegma is to adjust your personal hygiene routine.
In men, that means properly cleaning your genitals, including around and under your foreskin.
Your body produces a lubricant to help the foreskin retract. That lubricant can build up under your foreskin along with other natural oils, dead skin cells, dirt, and bacteria. That’s why this condition is less common in circumcised males.
Properly cleaning your genitals is the easiest way to remove smegma.
1. Gently pull back your foreskin. If the smegma has hardened, you may not be able to pull it back all the way. Don’t force it, as that can cause pain and tear the skin, which could lead to infection.
2. Use a mild soap and warm water to wash the area that’s usually covered by your foreskin. Avoid harsh scrubbing, as that can irritate the sensitive skin. If the smegma has hardened, gently rubbing oil on the area before cleaning it may help loosen up the accumulation.
3. Thoroughly rinse off all the soap and then gently pat the area dry.
4. Pull your foreskin back over the tip of your genital.
5. Repeat this daily until the smegma disappears.
It’s important to avoid scraping the smegma with sharp devices or cotton swabs. That can cause additional irritation.
If the smegma isn’t improving after a week of proper cleaning, or if it’s getting worse, see your doctor.
You should also see your doctor if your genital is red or inflamed. You may have an infection or another condition that requires medical treatment.
2 years ago
12 CNN Lekki Posers (For critical thinkers)
2 years ago
The message behind Carpe diem by Olamide
2 years ago
US Based Entertainment Magnate, Deji Bello Hosts IwoLand Top Men At His Nashville Home
2 years ago
How Fulani herdsmen ruined my farm in Osun State – Babatunde
2 years ago
Oluwo Of Iwo’s Vehicle Stolen in Lagos Hotel
2 years ago
RE: The truth behind Sanwo-Olu’s proposed cancellation of pension pay to Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode
2 years ago
Itel Debuts its Latest “More stylish than ever” S Series Smartphones S16 and S16 Pro in Nigerian Market
2 years ago
Martify Celebrates Grand Opening of Second Outlet in Alimosho