Nigeria records highest oil production since April 2022 —Report - AfrobadooTV
Connect with us

News

Nigeria records highest oil production since April 2022 —Report

Published

on

In December 2022, Nigeria recorded her highest oil production since April 2022, the latest Platts survey by S&P Global Commodity Insights has revealed.

The country’s oil production has been faced with oil theft that has hampered exports and resulted in significant oil spills and loss of millions of naira.

However, the survey released on Wednesday showed that Nigeria’s volumes rebounded to the highest since April of 2022, producing 1.33 million b/d in December, contributing significantly to OPEC’s increased oil production in the period.

OPEC and its allies increased crude oil production by 140,000 b/d as OPEC’s 13 countries pumped 28.98 million b/d in December, an increase of 110,000 b/d from November, led by Nigeria, while 10 non-OPEC partners including Russia added 13.73 million b/d, a rise of 30,000 b/d.

 

When combined, the alliance produced 42.71 million b/d in December alone.

The survey further highlighted that Nigeria saw major recoveries in its loadings of major grades Forcados and Brass River, while maintenance at the Bonga Field was completed in mid-November.

However, the report added that despite the overall increase, the alliance’s output still massively lags in its production targets, with the gap at 1.80 million b/d in December, adding that most members face technical or financial difficulties in sustaining output.

Meanwhile, recent data from the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission showed that Forcados had a crude oil production rate of 6,579,692, a condensate rate of 593,980, and a blended total of 7,173,672 barrels for December 2022, as opposed to a blended total of 6,856,88 recorded for November 2022.

Brass, on the other hand, had a crude oil production rate of 581,198, a condensate rate of 45,010 and a blended total of 626,208 for December 2022, as opposed to a blended total of 431,672 recorded for November 2022.

During a forum on January 11, 2023, however, the Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, Mele Kyari, said that the country could achieve a 2.2 million barrels per day crude oil production output in 2023.

He said, “For us, we see a trajectory of restoring production including condensates within the year. We believe we can hit a target of 2.2 mb/d but our budget target is 1.8 mb/d, but we know that it is practical to do 2.2 mb/d within 2023.”

Advertisement

You may like

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Nigeria At 63: Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodima Calls For Peace & Unity

Published

on

Hope Uzodima

Hope Uzodima Calls For Peace & Unity

IMO state governor, Hope Uzodima has called for peace and unity among the people of Nigeria in a statement he made to commemorate Nigeria’s 63rd independence anniversary.

“Today, we commemorate not just a historic event, but the unyielding spirit, resilience, and unity of our people in the face of numerous challenges and triumphs. Therefore, it is both an honor and a privilege to address you on this auspicious occasion of our great nation’s 63rd Independence Day anniversary.

This day, 63 years ago, marked the beginning of our journey towards independence and since then, we have made significant strides in various aspects of our nation’s development. As a diverse and vibrant tapestry of cultures, traditions and aspirations, we have weathered storms and celebrated victories together as a nation, always standing tall in the face of adversity.

Mohbad’s Old Tweets Resurfaces After Naira Marley Claimed He Never Assualted Him (Photos)

I commend the indomitable spirit of our people who have shown resilience in the face of adversity and I want to assure you that my administration remains committed to addressing the pressing issues that affects the State, in collaboration with the Federal Government. We are working tirelessly to improve healthcare, education, infrastructure and security, among other vital sectors, to ensure a better quality of life for all.

As we raise our flags and sing our national anthem, let us do so with pride, knowing that our best days are yet to come. Let us use this Independence Day as an opportunity to renew our commitment to the ideals of unity, peace, and progress. Together, we can overcome any obstacle and realize the full potential of Nigeria.

Happy 63rd Independence Day, Nigeria! May our nation continue to flourish and may our State prosper.”

– Hope Uzodimma

 

Kindly Subscribe To Our Youtube Channel

Continue Reading

News

Tinubu’s Minister Poisoned In Abuja

Published

on

Tinubu's minister

Popular Tinubu’s Minister Poisoned In Abuja

Nigerian tourism minister has been hospitalised in Abuja after suffering acute poisoning from unknown origins, her family members fear time was running against their efforts to save her life.

Tinubu’s Minister, Lola Ade-John, 60, was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Jabi, shortly after she started manifesting symptoms of her poisoning, according to family sources familiar with her ordeal. She has spent four days at the facility as of Friday morning.

Ms Ade-John, a career banker and tech investor, has been on a machine to aid her breathing, our sources said. The specifics as to what substance she ingested and how could not be immediately established. The police and the State Security Service did not immediately return a request on whether or not any investigations had been opened into the matter.

Her worsening situation has further set the family against the government, with the permanent secretary of her ministry said to be in disagreement as to whether she should continue receiving treatment at a public hospital or be moved to a better-equipped private facility downtown.

The permanent secretary, Ngozi Onwudike, was said to have insisted that the minister should not be transferred because the FMC is a public hospital and its services wouldn’t attract substantial charges to the government, a position her family rebuffed. But they remained with her as they could not raise funds to move her to a private hospital, our sources said. A phone number for the permanent secretary did not connect on Friday morning.

Ms Ade-John was appointed as a minister by President Bola Tinubu in August. She was immediately touted as one of the few cabinet members appointed from outside the political beltway. She was based in London for years before she was asked to return to the country to serve by the president.

 

Continue Reading

News

Mohbad’s Old Tweets Resurfaces After Naira Marley Claimed He Never Assualted Him (Photos)

Published

on

Mohbad

Old tweets of late singer Ilerioluwa Aloba better known as Mohbad recounting an attack launched by some people in the Marlian Music squad have surfaced on social media following the release of a statement by former boss, Naira Marley saying he had never assualted nor instructed anyone to attack Mohbad

The thread of posts dated October 6, 2022, on X (formerly known as Twitter) was dug up by Nigerians to counter Naira Marley’s claims.

He posted, “We were in the studio, and Some of the guys who work with Naira- Sid, Shuddy, Seyi and others- were present, as well as Naira and Tunde. I noticed Tunde was quite agitated as we started the discussion.  In the middle of the conversation, Tunde became violent and attacked me. The guys I was with were also attacked, humiliated and stripped naked by Sid, Shuddy and Seyi and some of the other boys. We were barely able to escape. 3 of us had to be checked into the hospital to get medical care for the injuries sustained during the assault.”

Screenshot 2023 09 27 at 19.53.07 https://i0.wp.com/naijalamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Mohbad-and-Naira-Marley.jpg?fit=838%2C403&ssl=1

The post also stated that Naira Marley was present during the alleged attacks and coordinated some of them.

“Naira Marley was fully present throughout this event, and in fact, coordinated some of the attack as he instructed the boys to beat us up.  Some of this was captured on video.  It is therefore disrespectful for Naira Marley to insinuate that I started the attack because I was intoxicated as he is fully aware of the facts and circumstances surrounding this violent attack,” it read.

Screenshot 2023 09 27 at 19.53.00 https://i0.wp.com/naijalamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Mohbad-and-Naira-Marley.jpg?fit=838%2C403&ssl=1

In Naira Marley’s statement released on Tuesday, he debunked claims of him attacking Mohbad or instructing anyone to do so.

For the avoidance of doubt I have never instructed anyone, friend, known associates or fans to attack, bully or harass Mohbad. With regards to the talent on the label, none of our artists ever fought or mistreated Mohbad,” he said.

The singer also said in the statement that he would be coming to Nigeria to assist the police investigating Mohbad’s death.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.

%d bloggers like this:

Кракен Сайт Площадка